Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just getting started

I've wanted to start a blog for the longest time, but always feared I'd have nothing to say, or that I'd forget my thoughts before actually reaching the computer. Lately, however, I've noticed that LOTS of folks have blogs, including some who seemingly have much less to say than I do. So I've decided to take the plunge.

The goal is not to post my status or complain about life (Facebook works just fine for that), but to share what I learn each day as I embark on this journey...a journey to lose myself and, in so doing, find Christ (Luke 9:24). Hence the title of my blog...Losing Myself.

As for the domain name (The Word Woman), I chose that because (1) I love to write and read and (2) I love God's Word, the Bible. I'll probably be the only one to read this blog, but it's still exciting to try something new.